I want to keep moving intuitively and freely without feeling self-conscious. I want to live a long and healthy life, enriched by love and lots of children. I want to be successful in my endeavours, valued for my kindness, intellect, work ethic and bravery. I never want to be valued for my looks they are completely transient. I want to love and embrace every chapter of my life and grow older without regret or dread. I never want to fear death. I want to touch, explore, and follow my instincts. I want to ask so many questions and remember the answers. I look forward to changing and evolving. I want to do so with grace. Always be kind. Kindness is love and generosity, thoughtfulness, and sensitivity. I am not inferior to anyone. Equally I am not superior to anyone. I have no desire to be either. I want to always appreciate how blessed I am to be loved. I want to always be brave and step outside my comfort zone....
The whole concept of biophilia is stimulating, exciting and thought provoking in so many ways. My own personal desire to live a safe, calm, content and meaningful life is one small aspect of how I feel using the biophilia strategies could guide and steer me through life. However, when you consider the vast wealth of opportunity afforded within this concept it is a wonder that all organisations, governments and decision makers are not tuned in and governed by these principles. It is now clearly known and correlated that the general well being of the population is beneficial in so many ways, from economic input to the overall improvement in physical and mental health, which in itself has a huge impact on society as a whole. The individual elements within the biophilia strategy can be broken down and utilised in either micro proportions or on a m...
Previously buildings were designed primarily to be functional and to serve the purpose of the business needs within; limited considerations were given to the overall aesthetics and how they may affect the workers and residents. Amenities within public buildings for example would be toilet facilities and possibly limited seating areas for example. However, as design technologies have evolved and awareness of the correlation between human well being and the environment that we frequent, now architectural design is far more sympathetic to our basic human needs. There is a point where architects can over design and overly control our spaces for example pre-setting ambient temperatures or lighting using a generic algorithm to conclude what is needed. Although on the whole many designs now are incredibly successful it is also worth not loosing sight of the ability of us as individuals to make our own decisions depending upon our circumstances at any one given time. Many hotels are so hi...
Comments
Post a Comment